- Our roasters buy directly from the farmers and pay above market prices to help fund clean water, schools, and healthcare to coffee growing regions around the world.
- Our roasters buy from coffee growers using sustainable practices, or are certified organic or shade grown. Water processed (formaldehyde free) decaf coffee is available too.
- We have hot cups, cold cups and cutlery made from corn, sugar, and potato. 100% recycled and 100% biodegradable paper products are also available for your office.
- Our coffee filters are chlorine free.
- The products we use to sanitize and clean water coolers and coffee brewers are chlorine free, phosphate free, dye free and biodegrade easily.
- Our delivery vehicles use biodiesel fuel. In 2010 Percasso helped offset carbon dioxide by 13,409 pounds and carbon monoxide by 16 pounds.
- We recycle 100% of our cardboard, water bottles, pop cans and office paper.
- Percasso is a member of the Sustainable Network of Portland’s “Local First: Choose locally owned businesses” campaign. Local companies are part of what makes Portland unique and distinctive.
- Percasso is committed to providing eco-friendly products to our customers. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding environmentally friendly products that you would like for your office, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Are you interested in lunchroom/break-room composting, or finding other ways to help “green” your office? Check out the City of Portland’s Sustainability at Work program. They provide free site assessments and recommendations, educational materials and employee training around recycling, composting, energy, water, and transportation.
Would you like a Green Team in your office? Take a look at their “Start a Green Team” guide.